Get to Know Your Food is a course designed and delivered by Evita Ochel to equip you with the tools needed to know how to decipher front package claims, nutrition facts labels, and ingredient lists to make the smartest food choices for your health and weight.
Grocery stores today are filled with numerous processed and refined packaged foods. But what is hiding in the midst of all those numbers and ingredients? Step by step, this course will teach you how to be a smart, savvy, empowered, and discerning consumer.
The objective of the course is to help you understand every facet of modern food—packaged, processed, refined, and convenience food, and teach you how to choose the least problematic and most valuable options.
- 12 lessons
- Over 2 hours of educational video content
- Quizzes to help you practice what you learn
- Each lesson includes beautiful summary handouts and worksheets that can be downloaded and/or printed to apply what you learn
- Resource materials to help you expand upon the content you learned
- Lesson 1: Understanding Modern Nutrition
- Lesson 2: Deciphering Front Package Claims
- Lesson 3: The Basics of Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 4: Fat on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 5: Cholesterol & Sodium on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 6: Carbohydrates on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 7: Protein on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 8: Vitamins and Minerals on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 9: Understanding Ingredient Lists
- Lesson 10: Special Ingredient Considerations
- Lesson 11: Practice Examining Food Labels
- Lesson 12: How & What to Eat for Optimal Health
- you will learn about the characteristics of front package claims and how to make sense of what we see and what we are told
- you will learn how to understand and most effectively use areas on the nutrition facts label
- you will learn about the value of ingredient lists and how to know what to look for and what to avoid
- you will learn about special ingredient/food considerations in light of modern-day challenges and how to eat for optimal health
When & Where
This online video course is available for you to take any time, and at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home or even while you travel. Students have lifetime access to the course, to review and repeat anytime they like.
The video course is available through the international education platform Udemy.com and you can gain access to the course by registering using the button below.
Dear Evita, I just took your course and I wanted to thank you for sharing your knowledge on eating well. You have really opened my eyes and I appreciate your outstanding presentation of the course. I would definitely like to continue to learn more on what I must do to get the best out of the foods we have. My best to you, another happy student, Michael.
Michael K. Marinas - November 12, 2020