Get to Know Your Food is a course designed and delivered by Evita Ochel to equip you with the tools needed to know how to decipher front package claims, nutrition facts labels, and ingredient lists to make the smartest food choices for your health and weight.
Grocery stores today are filled with numerous processed and refined packaged foods. But what is hiding in the midst of all those numbers and ingredients? Step by step, this course will teach you how to be a smart, savvy, empowered, and discerning consumer.
The objective of the course is to help you understand every facet of modern food—packaged, processed, refined and convenience food, and teach you how to choose the least problematic and most valuable options.
- 12 lessons
- Over 2 hours of educational video content
- Quizzes to help you practice what you learn
- Each lesson includes beautiful summary handouts and worksheets that can be downloaded and/or printed to apply what you learn
- Resource materials to help you expand upon the content you learned
- Lesson 1: Understanding Modern Nutrition
- Lesson 2: Deciphering Front Package Claims
- Lesson 3: The Basics of Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 4: Fat on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 5: Cholesterol & Sodium on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 6: Carbohydrates on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 7: Protein on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 8: Vitamins and Minerals on Nutrition Facts Labels
- Lesson 9: Understanding Ingredient Lists
- Lesson 10: Special Ingredient Considerations
- Lesson 11: Practice Examining Food Labels
- Lesson 12: How & What to Eat for Optimal Health
- you will learn about the characteristics of front package claims and how to make sense of what we see and what we are told
- you will learn how to understand and most effectively use areas on the nutrition facts label
- you will learn about the value of ingredient lists and how to know what to look for and what to avoid
- you will learn about special ingredient/food considerations in light of modern-day challenges and how to eat for optimal health
This is an online video course that is available for you to take anytime, and at your own pace. You can enjoy this from the comfort of your own home or even indulge in learning while on vacation. Students have lifetime access to the course, to review and repeat anytime they like.
You can take the course via one of two, leading education platforms:
Curious.com features a monthly membership and provides an unlimited learning, Netflix-like experience, where you can take this course, any of my other courses, and the thousands of courses from other teachers that Curious provides. Enjoy a 20% off discount by registering using the link below:
Udemy.com offers a straightforward pay-per-course experience. Enjoy 50% off the course by registering using the link below: